Bake this scalloped potato with milk, flour, and butter with a little melted cheese near the end of baking time. Make these delicious potatoes for a daily meal or serve with your holiday dinner.
4 cup potatoes (thin slices, about 6 to 8 medium potatoes)
2 tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons of butter
2 cups grated milk
Half a cup of cheddar cheese (shredded)
Steps to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 F / 190 C / Gas 5. Butter a 2-liter baking dish.
- Place about one-third of the potatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- In a glass or small bowl, mix the flour with salt and pepper. Sprinkle about half the flour mixture over the potatoes; repeat with another layer of a third of the potato and mix the flour and top with the remaining potato slices. Point with butter and then pour hot milk over the potatoes.
- Cover the baking dish with a lid or foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Remove or frustrate the lid and sprinkle the grated cheese over the top of the potatoes.
- Return the potatoes to the oven and bake, and uncover them, for an additional 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked and the cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy!